Some time this January, I got a little sick of eating Argentine food (i.e. pizza, pasta, milanesas etc). I decided to check out some healthy and easy recipes and chanced upon this one! Very easy and finger-licking yummilicious!
CHICKEN FAJITAS (Serves 3 – 4)
1) 1 packet of fajita bread (looks abit like pita bread) – about 10 pieces
2) 1 onion
3) 1 red pepper
4) 1 green pepper
5) 1 tomato
6) 2 chicken breasts
7) 1 avocado
1) Chop up 1 onion, 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 tomato, and 2 chicken breasts (make sure they are in cubes and roughly the same size).
2) Stir fry the peppers and 3/4 of the onions until caramelized in a wok .
3) In another wok, stir fry chicken until cooked but maintaining a soft juicy texture. Throw in the vegetables that you cooked in step 2 and mix well.
4) Scrape out the avocado from its skin and mash it with a fork, adding some drops of lemon juice and blending together.
5) Heat up the Fajitas/Tacos in the oven and serve warm.
Chopped red and green peppers:
Stir-frying the peppers:
Chicken fajitas waiting to be feasted on!