I decided to put my almost non-existential baking skills to practice last weekend… And lo and behold, a beautifully rounded pound cake greeted me at other side of the oven door!
(By the way, did you know that the cake got its name from the fact that the most original recipe involved a pound of every ingredient? You can of course adjust the recipe according to how you like the cake’s texture!)
CLASSIC POUND CAKE
1) 1 cup of milk cream
2) 2 cups of sugar
3) 3 cups of self-raising flour
4) 4 eggs
1) Mix the cream and sugar in a mixing bowl till they are roughly integrated.
2) Next pour in the flour cup by cup into the batter, cracking an egg in between each cup of flour poured.
3) When all the flour and eggs are mixed, beat batter well to reach a spongy consistency.
4) Pour batter in a mould (which has been buttered and smeared with flour covering it’s entire surface)
5) Bake at medium heat for 35-40 min, then check if a toothpick comes out clean after poking the cake.
6) Let the cake cool before getting it out of mould. TA DAH!
Kinda looks like one big Krispy Kreme Donut!