How about some vegetarian, low-fat meal which tastes as spectacular and scrumptiously yummy as it is easy to make? Try out this fool-proof recipe that you can’t get wrong!
SPAGHETTI IN PESTO SAUCE
1) 2 cups of packed, chopped fresh basil leaves
2) 1 cup of freshly grated cheese (e.g. Parmesan)
3) 1 cup of olive oil (if possible, extra virgin)
4) 6 table spoons of crushed walnuts/pecan nuts
5) 2-3 teaspoons of salt
6) 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
7) 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled
8) 1 packet of dry spaghetti pasta
1) Combine the chopped basil leaves, chees, olive oil, nuts, salt, pepper and chopped garlic in a food processor and blend together. Make sure not to overblend such that it gets too watery.
2) Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 8 -12 minutes, and if the pasta sticks to the kitchen wall when thrown at the wall, you know its ready to be eaten
3) Serve the pasta and pour pesto sauce over it
Fresh basil leaves:
Pesto sauce after being blended in food processor:
Your healthy, low-fat vegetarian pesto pasta: