Hey guys, I haven’t had much time to cook these days, but I thought I’d share a recipe to make your own lemonade for days of sunshine and to make lemonade out of lemons (pun intended since something happened this week that made me realize that when life throws lemons at you, just make lemonade instead of feeling all sour about it).
I googled a couple of recipes, and amended some to create the special taste of Oui Oui’s lemonade (Oui Oui is one of my favourite places to eat brunch in Buenos Aires, and its French air and cosy atmosphere always always finds a way to perk up my weekend).
HOMEMADE MINT LEMONADE (Makes 1 jug)
1) 1 cup of sugar (which can be reduced if you want to 3/4 cup)
2) 1 cup of water (for the syrup)
3) 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (roughly from 4-6 lemons)
4) 3-4 cups of cold water
5) 2-3 tablesspoon of finely chopped/whole fresh mint leaves
1) Heat the sugar and the cup of water in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved
2) While the sugar is in the process of dissolving, squeeze the lemons to get 1 cup of juice
3) Put the juice and the syrup together in a jug, and add the cold water, tasting and stirring till you get the taste you like
4) Sprinkle the chopped/whole mint leaves into the jug and stir well.
5) Refridgerate for 30 – 40 minutes
6) Serve cold with crushed ice, and sliced lemons
*Pictures are from google images.
Fresh mint leaves
Lemonade to quench your thirst and brighten up your day