I’m sure you know what I mean, if the famous Nabisco Oreo cookie ever formed a part of your childhood. It brings me back to days where I would just burst open a pack of Oreos and crunch them down one by one (with or without milk).
On Sunday, I was desperately craving an Oreo McFlurry fix from McDonalds, and after eating it, I felt wonderfully satisfied. And then, all of a sudden, I decided yesterday that I was going to try to make my own homemade Oreo Vanilla Ice Cream! Sounds like a hell of work, but it’s actually not that hard!
HOMEMADE OREO VANILLA ICE CREAM:
1) 960g of milk cream
2) 1 can of condensed milk (I used skimmed condensed milk)
3) 3 – 4 teaspoons of vanilla essence
4) 1 1/2 small packs of Oreo cookies
1) Mix the milk cream, condensed milk, and vanilla essence in a large bowl until homogenous
2) Cut the Oreo cookies into small tiny bits, and mix the cookies into the mixture in step 1
3) Pour the ice cream mixture into a tupperware and freeze in the freezer, mixing it well after two hours, and letting it freeze again.
4) Ice cream can be served whenever it is firm enough to your liking
Ingredients: Milk cream, condensed milk, and Oreos
Milk cream in a mixing bowl:
Add in the condensed milk and vanilla essence:
Mix well to achieve this mixture:
My favourite Oreo cookies!
Cut the Oreos into tiny bits:
Add the cookie bits to ice cream mixture:
Pour ice-cream mixture into a tupperware and allow it to freeze: