Last Thursday during cooking class Pelusa Molina taught us how to whip up a simple and light dressing to use over fish or chicken cutlets. Juan’s mum also suggested that this dressing can go with salads, since its light and the lemon flavour makes a good summer salad combination. It has such a delicately refreshing taste and looks like you spent a lot of time making it, but the secret is that it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up this dressing – keep this from your guests though, and leave them in awe of you!
LEMON-PARSLEY MAYONAISE (Makes one small bowl):
1) 1/2 lemon (for zest and juice)
2) 1/2 cup of water
3) 1 cup of mayonaise
4) 1/2 cup chopped parsley
1) Peel or grate the lemon zest (making sure it is very finely chopped or grated)
2) In a small bowl, pour in the mayonaise, water and lemon juice. Mix well.
3) Sprinkle in the chopped parsley and mix well
4) Drizzle over chicken or fish cutlets and leave in a small serving bowl by the side
Peeled lemon zest:
Chop the lemon zest as finely as possible:
Finely chopped parsley:
In a bowl, pour in the mayonaise, water and lemon juice:
Lemon-parsley mayonaise – your perfect dressing for fish and chicken cutlets!