This week Valerie and Ronald celebrate their birthdays! So I being such a great sister, decided to bake them a lemon cheesecake and help them eat it too!
Moral of the story: you can make your own cake and eat it as well! Haha!
Ok, let’s go back to the main point – the recipe.
LEMON CHEESECAKE (Makes 1 large cake)
1) 15 digestive biscuits
2) 75g of melted butter
3) 2 tablespoons of clear honey
4) 600g of cream cheese (Philadelphia cream cheese recommended)
5) 360g of milk cream
6) 2 lemons (for juice & zest)
7) 200g sugar
8) 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
1) Place baking paper in baking tin
2) Break digestive biscuits into smaller pieces & process the biscuits in food processor or fruit juice maker
3) Mix processed biscuits with honey and melted butter
4) Pour biscuit mix into baking tin, and use the back of a spoon to press it towards the sides
5) Once a level biscuit base has been formed, refridgerate for at least half an hour
6) In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, milk cream, lemon juice and zest and sugars
7) Pour cream cheese mixture from step 6 over the biscuit base in step 5
8) Chill cheesecake in refridgerator for at least 3 – 4 hours before serving
Place baking paper in baking tin:
Break digestive biscuits into smaller pieces using your hands:
Process digestive biscuits in food processor or fruit juice maker:
To get processed biscuits:
Heat in microwave to get melted butter:
Mix processed biscuits with honey and melted butter & pour mixture into baking tin:
Pour biscuit mix into baking tin:
Use the back of a spoon to spread the biscuit mix outwards towards sides of tin:
Refridgerate the level biscuit base for at least half an hour:
Fresh lemons for lemon juice and zest:
Mix cream cheese, milk cream, lemon juice and zest and sugars:
Pour cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly:
Chill cheesecake for at least 3 – 4 hours before serving:
TA-DAH! No-bake Lemon Cheesecake!
Want a slice?
Happy birthweek Val & Ron!!! I LOVE YOU!