It’s been a while since I made a cake, or a pound cake in particular. Yesterday I desperately wanted to eat pound cake, but not just any type – I only wanted a plain, no frills vanilla pound cake – nothing more, nothing less.
So, relying on my usual pound cake recipe, similar to that which I use for all my other pound cakes, I whipped up a quick vanilla pound cake in the hour before heading out to meet Agustina for dinner.
Comforting, delicious, and soothing, a cake to be eaten with a hot cup of tea, in the company of friends and family.
VANILLA POUND CAKE (Makes 1 medium cake)
1) 1 cup of milk cream
2) 1 cup of white sugar
3) 2 cups of self-raising flour
4) 3 eggs
5) 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1) Mix milk cream and sugar in a mixing bowl until sugar has dissolved
2) Sift in the self-raising flour, alternating each cup of flour with an egg and mix well
3) Add in vanilla essence, and mix well till you get a homogenous mixture
4) Pour mixture into a greased baking mould and bake in oven at 165 deg celcius for around 30 – 40 minutes (or until the you poke the center of the cake with a stick and the stick comes out clean)
5) Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate