Hmm… Stop and smell the coffee.. Mixed with walnuts, in a fudge-centered cookie.
Absolutely heavenly, delicious, and drop-dead gorgeous.
Yesterday I experimented with a coffee cookie recipe which I found on Allrecipes.com, mixing and changing ingredient quantities, and came up with an impromptu result which was much better than expected! It resulted in flat, coffee-fudge centered cookies, with a hint of crushed walnut, perfect for coffee lovers and cookie lovers alike.
Here’s how you can make some too.
COFFEE WALNUT FUDGE COOKIES (Makes 100 cookies)
1) 2 cups of vegetable oil
2) 3 3/4 cups of self-raising flour
3) 2 cups of chopped walnuts
4) 2 2/3 cups of white sugar
5) 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
6) 4 eggs
7) 8 tablespoons of instant coffee powder
1) Cream cooking oil, sugar and coffee powder together
2) Beat in eggs and self-raising flour, alternating each cup of flour with an egg
3) Add in vanilla extract and chopped walnuts
4) Mix cookie batter until homogenous
5) Drop by teaspoon on greased baking trays
6) Bake in oven at 165 deg cel for 8 – 10 minutes, or until cookies are firm
7) Cool for 10 minutes before serving