Ahhh……..What can be more heavenly than banana and chocolate all in the same bite?
Not very much, except for the combination of the sweet natural taste of banana together with frozen chocolate that melts in your mouth.
Imagine that, savor it, taste it and lick your lips because there are chocolate stains around them, the only evidence left of the decadent dessert you have just devoured without inhibition. Lost in chocolate heaven, you feel yourself floating in the air, high from the beautiful sweetness of cocoa and bananas.
Yeah, trust me, IT’S THAT AWESOME. Don’t believe me? Then try it yourself. You’ll be back for more.
CHOCOLATE-COATED BANANA MELTS (Makes 50)
1) 4 or 5 bananas
2) 150g of dark chocolate
3) 50ml of hot water (add more if chocolate is too thick)
1) Cut banana into 2-3cm long pieces
2) Place banana pieces on a tray which is covered in baking paper
3) Place tray of banana pieces in the freezer for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better to make sure bananas are not soft
4) Heat chocolate over hot steam to melt it, adding water to dissolve chocolate and to attain a nice smooth consistency
5) Remove bananas from freezer and dip them into melted chocolate
6) Replace chocolate-coated bananas onto the tray and return tray to freezer to harden chocolate
7) Allow to chill for at least 1 – 2 hours
8) Serve chilled as a nice dessert to impress your guests