It’s time to impress your guests.
I just finished one of my finest main dishes, ever. And by fine, I mean oh-so-fine.
It’s the perfect dish to make in a jiffy when your friends call last minute and tell you they are about to pop by your house, and that they are going to stay for dinner. Uh-oh. What do you do? No worries. Problem solved. All you need is some chicken breasts, mustard, honey, eggs and plain (non-sweet) cornflakes. Piece of cake.
We’re having chicken tonight!!
I stumbled upon this awesome healthy chicken fingers recipe by The Anti Mom yesterday when I was blog-surfing, and I knew I had struck gold when I chanced upon it. It’s a recipe that is fool-proof, easy to make, yet looks as if you spent your entire afternoon slogging away in the kitchen. And it turned out to be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, interlaced with the taste of spicy mustard and sweet honey from the rocks. It was so damn fine. Beautiful. Burp-worthy. Healthy too (not a drop of oil was used). Worth an entire opera house of applause and a tower of bubbling champagne.
Ahhh… Life is really good.
Ok, before you drool all over your keyboard and start throwing fantastically wild crazy tantrums because you want this recipe so much, I’m going to do you a favour and share the process of making it. Easy peasy 1, 2, 3.
CRISPY CORNFLAKE CHICKEN STRIPS (Makes 20 chicken strips)
1) 3 chicken breasts (cut into 5 – 6 strips each)
2) 2 eggs
3) 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
4) 2 tablespoons of clear honey
5) 1 dash of hot sauce (optional – I did not use it this time)
6) 300g of crushed plain, non-sweet cornflakes
1) Pre-heat oven to 230 deg cel
2) In one bowl, mix eggs, mustard, honey and hot sauce
3) In another bowl, place crushed cornflakes (crush the cornflakes in a plastic bag)
4) Dip chicken strips in the honey-mustard-egg sauce from step 2
5) Coat surface of chicken strips with crushed cornflakes
6) Place coated chicken strips on a baking tray lined with baking paper
7) Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked)
8) Serve hot with honey-mustard sauce (mix 1 tablespoon of mustard with 1 teaspoon of honey) and salad