You know that Spring is arriving when you go to the grocery shop and see blueberries available! I’ve been waiting for them all winter, and somehow even the preserved canned blueberries had disappeared from the shelves.
You can imagine my surprise and sheer joy when I walked into the vegetable store today and saw them shining brightly, prettily packaged in neat transparent little boxes, waving and calling out to me, as their purple heads bobbed up and down in happiness.
Ah… the beauty of Spring and its gift of fresh fruits, the inevitable burst of colours and lightheartedness.
Without any hesitation, I bought these little berries of joy, clutching my purchase with complete delight. I walked home fast, focused on just one goal – I was going to make beautiful blueberry muffins! And, not just any blueberry muffins – but those that you find in Starbucks.
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (Makes 20 muffins)
1) 1/2 kg of fresh blueberries
2) 1 cup of milk cream
3) 2 cups of sugar
4) 3 cups of self-raising flour
5) 4 eggs
1) Wash the blueberries
2) Mix cream and sugar until sugar dissolves completely
3) Add in self-raising flour, alternating each cup of flour with an egg
4) In a muffin mould, arrange paper muffin cups
5) Put 4 or 5 blueberries at the bottom of the muffin cups
6) Pour a tablespoon of muffin batter over the blueberries
7) Add a few more blueberries over the muffin batter
8) Fill the muffin cup up till 3/4 full with batter
9) Bake in oven at 170 deg cel for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a stick comes out clean when you poke the muffin in the middle