Spring officially arrives to Buenos Aires this Friday, on September 21!
Everyone is excited, there are molecules of happiness in the atmosphere, the shops are decorated in vibrant colors and I feel refreshed. Ah, the season that we have waited all winter for, will usher in warmth and longer days of endless sunshine, flowers in full bloom and smiles on our faces.
Spring is beautifully ethereal.
Spring last year with Val & Jas & LSY
To honor this beautiful season, I decided to make a Spring Vegetable Risotto last night.
It’s basically risotto with all sorts of vegetables that I like, and warm enough for the still chilly nights but still bright and colorful enough to welcome Spring to Argentina!
SPRING VEGETABLE RISOTTO (Serves 4)
1) 1 onion
2) 2 cloves of garlic
3) 200g of button mushrooms
4) 1 red bell pepper
5) 1 green bell pepper
6) 2 tomatoes
7) 5 espresso cups of risotto rice
8) 100ml of white wine (make sure the wine is not labeled “sweet”)
9) 1 litre of chicken/vegetable/beef stock (I used 1 cube of Knorr’s beef stock)
10) 50g of butter
1) Chop onion and garlic finely
2) Dice bell peppers and tomatoes
3) Slice button mushrooms finely
4) Sauté chopped onions and garlic in a wok
5) Once onions are transparent, add in diced bell peppers and stir-fry till peppers are slightly cooked
6) Add in sliced mushrooms, and stir-fry until mushroom turn a little brown
7) Add in rice, and stir for a few minutes
8) Pour in white wine and let rice absorb the wine for 1 – 2 minutes
9) Pour in half of beef stock, and then stir continuously in figure-8 motion for around 30 – 40 minutes, adding more stock when needed
10) Melt butter in rice and keep stirring
11) Add in diced tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste
12) Serve hot with freshly grated cheese