Scones…Now with a sweet Argentine twist – the dulce de leche magic fix.
I told someone once, that “Dulce de Leche fixes almost all of Argentina’s problems” – metaphorically speaking of course. And sometimes, it feels so true, because every dessert can be fixed and perfected with dulce de leche, and will never be too sweet according to Argentina’s sweet tooths.
What’s Dulce de Leche?
Read more about Dulce de leche… Argentina’s favourite sweet sauce..
In this recipe, the taste of dulce de leche is more of a hint than the main ingredient, and when you open the box of dulce de leche scones, out comes wafting the beautiful aroma of this delicious sweet sauce.
DULCE DE LECHE SCONES (Makes 50 scones)
1) 250g of butter
2) 100g of sugar
3) 400g of dulce de leche
4) 650g of self-raising flour
5) 2 tablespoons of milk (or more if the dough is too dry)
1) Beat sugar and melted butter until creamy
2) Beat in dulce de leche
3) Sift in self-raising flour
4) Add in milk
5) Mix batter until you get a soft cookie dough
6) Roll cookie dough into small, equal-sized balls and press down on a cookie tray
7) Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg cel for 15 minutes (or until cookies turn slightly golden brown)
8) Cool on tray before serving