Ah… stir-fried beef in a wok, with spicy hot pepper sauce, mixed with thinly sliced onions and tomatoes.
Top that with a sunny-side-up egg and steaming hot rice. Wonderful. Amazing. Delicious. But so incredibly easy!
That was our main dish last night during Pelusa Molina‘s cooking class last night, and I can’t wait to share it with you! (Unfortunately I only have the final photo, so no step-by-step picture instructions today!)
STIR-FRIED BEEF (PERUVIAN STYLE) – Serves 4
1) 500g of rump steak
2) 1 onion
3) 2 tomatoes
4) 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
5) 2 tablespoons of spicy hot pepper sauce
6) A small bunch of coriandar
7) 4 espresso cups of rice
8) 4 eggs
1) Slice the beef, onion and tomatoes into thin, even-sized strips
2) Stir-fry the beef slices in a wok until it changes from raw-red to brown, then place on a plate
3) Saute the sliced onions until transparent, then add in tomatoes
4) Add the cooked beef slices to the onions and tomatoes, as well as the soya sauce and spicy hot pepper sauce
5) Add salt to taste
6) Make the sunny-side up eggs and rice
7) Serve beef with eggs and steaming hot rice
Beautiful Stir-fried Beef – Peruvian Style!