Don’t you just love spring onions, leek, cheese and cream cheese? And… isn’t it better if you could eat all of them in one single bite?
Yes, I’m telling you that it’s possible, that heaven in a mouthful isn’t really that far away or impossible to enjoy.
Today’s starter was adapted from a dish we made during cooking class with Pelusa Molina last Thursday. It’s a quick dip that will keep a few days, and is ideal for eating with sticks of vegetables such as carrots, celery, and whatever green veg you fancy. It also gives a wonderfully rich flavor to plain bread sticks or bread chips. This dip is an appetizer whipped up in a hurry, for a last-minute party or to entertain unannounced guests with until your main dish is ready. and it’s also a conversation-starter, because it is so damn delicious and intense, you’ll leave your guests mingling around discussing and trying to guess the many ingredients involved.
It’s really very easy actually. And fast. And did I already mention… so ridiculously addictive?
Ahh….it’s sooo good you can even eat it on its own.
SPRING ONION & LEEK CREAM CHEESE DIP (Serves 10)
1) 250g of mayonaise
2) 250g of cream cheese
3) 1 sprig of spring onion
4) 1 sprig of leek
5) 1 teaspoon of dried onions
6) 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
7) 1/3 teaspoon of dried garlic
8) 1 small cup of grated cheese (I used store-bought grated Reggianito cheese)
1) Chop and mince very finely the spring onion and the white part of the leek
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the mayonaise, cream cheese, dried onions, dried parsley and dried garlic
3) Add in grated cheese and mix
4) Add in chopped spring onion and leek and mix well
5) Serve with sticks of vegetables or bread