Summer is in the air!
It’s in the bristling heat.
In the warm afternoon breeze.
And in the colorful clothes in which we dress.
It’s in our brilliant smiles when we’ve found a place to suntan at.
It’s in the brilliant green grass, where my sandals lie.
Summer is when we daydream of our upcoming vacations,
on a sandy beach in the middle of the Pacific.
With the pleasure of doing nothing but reading..
It’s the bliss thick in the air..
knowing I’ll soon be with family & friends,
back at home in Singapore!
And like summer, these rough-cut baked sweet potato fries are full of
comfort, pleasure and flavor..
Thick, homemade and healthy,
these tasty fries get along very well with freshly-chilled beer,
and can go directly from my table to yours!
OVEN-BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES (Serves 4)
1) 1.5 kg of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small 10-15 cm sticks
2) Salt to taste
3) Paprika powder to taste (optional)
5) 1 cup of cooking oil
1) Pre-heat oven at 220 deg celcius
2) Peel and cut sweet potatoes into small 10 – 15 cm sticks
3) In a baking tray, pour sufficient cooking oil to cover the entire surface, and heat in oven for 5 minutes
4) Once oil is heated, arrange sweet potato sticks over the greased baking tray
5) Bake for 50 -60 min or until fries are fully cooked and crispy, flipping them over once or twice
6) Add salt and paprika powder to taste