This super easy garlic aioli recipe is one of our favorite sauces – ready in just 5 minutes, super fragrant and tasty from the fresh garlic, and is perfect for eating with crispy air fryer french fries, potato wedges, or even drizzling on roasted vegetables, fish and meats. Plus, it’s gluten-free and dairy-free too!
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large fresh garlic cloves, (approximately 1 heaping tablespoon) minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, minced garlic and salt together in the bowl of your high-speed blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds to get the ingredients processed, before drizzling in the olive oil in a slow stream with the motor running. You may need to scrape down the sides as necessary until you get a homogeneous smooth and pale yellow mixture. The aioli will be thick but still easy to pour.
- Strain the aioli to get rid of any bits of garlic that did not get processed.
- Transfer the aioli to a clean airtight container or glass jar and store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Vegetable Oil: I used olive oil, but you can also use other oils such as avocado oil, sunflower oil, corn oil, or peanut oil. I don’t suggest using coconut oil because coconut oil solidifies when temperatures are below 76F, so the aioli would become solid.
Garlic: I recommend using fresh garlic instead of pre-cut store bought garlic to really get the flavor of garlic. I also really enjoy the pungent taste of garlic, so 3 cloves of garlic is the perfect amount for me. However if you just want a hint of garlic, you can reduce the amount of garlic to 2 cloves.
Egg whites: After separating the egg yolks from the whites, don’t throw the egg whites away. Store them in and airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can use the egg whites to make an egg white omelet (and make these low carb omelet wraps), or beat them into pavlova or merengue!
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: easy garlic aioli recipe