Hearty, comforting chickpea curry that’s super simple to make, and is also gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup red curry paste
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice, for serving
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté diced onions until translucent (about 10 minutes). Add in the garlic and stir fry until it is fragrant, then add in the diced tomatoes and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the red curry paste and 1/4 cup of water until curry is dissolved.
- Add in the drained chickpeas and another 3/4 cup of water and bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add in lime juice and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve chickpea curry with white rice garnished with cilantro.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan