Crunchy and addictive, these easy maple coconut chips are gluten-free and vegan and make for the perfect snack. Slightly sweetened with maple syrup and toasted till golden brown, these chips are so good you won’t be able to stop eating them!
- 4 cups large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut flakes in a large mixing bowl and drizzle maple syrup over. Mix well until thoroughly combined and flakes are evenly coated with maple syrup.
- Toast the flakes for 20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy, making sure to stir them every 5 minutes to ensure they get heated evenly and to prevent burning.
- Once the flakes are golden brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the chips to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
Maple syrup: If you prefer to use honey, simply replace the maple syrup with equal amounts of honey.
Unsweetened: If you don’t like sweet coconut chips, just leave out the maple syrup from the recipe.
Salty: If you want a bit of salt with the chips, sprinkle over 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt over the maple coconut chips before eating. Makes for a sweet-salty snack that tastes amazing!
Spicy: If you like a bit of heat with your coconut chips, sprinkle over 1/4 teaspoon of paprika before toasting.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
Keywords: easy maple coconut chips, coconut chips