A moist, gluten-free quick bread made with oats and honey. Delicious on its own, or spread with butter and jam.
- 2 1/3 cups gluten-free Cup4Cup multipurpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats, separated
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl, and whisk well until combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, and 1 cup oats together until well blended. Now stir in the milk and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until just incorporated (do not over-mix as bread may become too tough).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle the top with the remaining oats.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven until bread is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (approximately 30 to 45 minutes).
- Remove bread from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack before brushing with the remaining honey, then slicing and serving.
Make it Dairy-Free: To make this honey oat quick bread dairy-free, simply use coconut yogurt instead of Greek yogurt. Also make sure to use a dairy-free gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Barely adapted from: Celebrating Sweets
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Gluten-free