Nutritious and filling, this sweet potato & kale breakfast skillet is the perfect way to start off your day and fill you with energy.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or vegetable oil or choice)
- 4 cups cubed orange sweet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 3 cups torn kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon herb salt
- 3 eggs
- Freshly grated black pepper, for sprinkling
- Dried red chili pepper flakes, for sprinkling
- Heat up the coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, onions, and herb salt together until the herbs and salt are evenly distributed.
- Cook the sweet potatoes and chopped onions in the skillet until they are tender (approximately 15 minutes), mixing occasionally to prevent them from burning.
- Add in the kale leaves and mix well, cooking for another 5 minutes until kale is just wilted.
- Use a spoon to make 3 craters in the vegetables and break a whole egg in each hole.
- Let eggs cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until the egg whites turn opaque but yolks are still liquid.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated black pepper and red chili flakes before serving.
Barely adapted from: Jar of Lemons
- Category: Breakfast, Lunch
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free