The simplest vegan cashew chocolate pudding you’ll ever make (it’s also gluten-free!). All you need is 5 minutes, a handful of ingredients, and a blender. How much easier does making a dessert as decadent as this get?
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup filtered water, or more as needed
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Toasted coconut chips, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the soaked cashews, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maple syrup, filtered water, and cacao powder in an electric blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. If mixture is too thick, add 1 extra tablespoon of water at a time, and blending to get the pudding until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Chill pudding in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to thicken.
- Divide pudding into glasses and ganish with toasted coconut chips and enjoy!
Coconut oil: As the pudding chills in the refrigerator, it will thicken slightly because of the coconut oil in the mixture. If you don’t have a preference, you can eat the pudding straight after blending – it tastes just as good!
Maple syrup: If you prefer another sweetener, you can substitute the maple syrup with monkfruit sweetener or liquid stevia (make sure to check substitution quantities according to brand).
Inspired by: Detoxinista
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: vegan cashew pudding