This vegetarian zucchini noodle stir fry is bright, colorful, and vibrant, yet light and low-carb – the perfect dish for the warmer days of spring and summer!
- 2 large zucchini, julienned into thin noodles using this julienne peeler
- 1 large carrot, julienned into thin noodles using this julienne peeler
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and stem removed and sliced very thinly
- 1 red onion, sliced very thinly
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce (tamari)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions, for garnishing
- Start by slicing the zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, and red onion into thin strips.
- Mince the garlic.
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl and beaten well.
- Heat up a little oil in a large skillet over medium heat and pour the beaten eggs into the skillet. Make an omelet by cooking the eggs for a couple of minutes before flipping over and cooking the other side as well. Transfer the omelet to a large plate and slice it into thin strips.
- In the same skillet, heat up a little more oil and add the sliced carrot, bell pepper, red onion, and minced garlic. Sauté the vegetables and stir well with a wooden spoon to let them cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are tender, pour in the gluten-free soy sauce and mix well.
- Finally add in the zucchini noodles stir fry for a minute or two until slightly soft but not wilted. Add in the omelet strips and mix until evenly distributed before garnishing with chopped spring onions and serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian